What you need to know:
- 100% ostrich with no additives or preservatives
- Grain and gluten free
- Low in fat
- Suitable for puppies from 12 weeks of age
- Ostrich is not a commonly used protein source in dog foods which makes it ideal for dogs with food allergies
- As they wear away at the bone it does leave lots of little body flakes on the floor. Not a big issue but worth knowing you might need to clean up a little afterward
What our team of expert chewers say:
- 4 out of our 5 expert chewers tried this one (Archie is a little small for the size of this bone) and they all loved them!
- Pickle (3/5) - had a half hour sessions 1-2 times a day for a week before I replaced the bone. She would have continued to slowly gnaw away at the ends.
- Daphne (3/5) - she also had 1-2 half hour sessions a day for a week and had the same amount of bone left. However, Daphne actually finds this particular chew very mentally arousing and so it doesn’t have the desired effect of relaxing her straight away. She will continue to stand, chewing intensely on this.
- Betty (4/5) - again had 1-2 half hour sessions every day for a week. She wore away at it the same amount as Daphne and Pickle. It could last longer than a week but I like to refresh them after a week.
- Winnie (5/5) - this one tested out her chewing skills. After a half hour of chewing she had made it through about a 1/3 of the bone.
**All chew products present a potential choking hazard. Always supervise your puppy or dog.**